The new Auroloide version of the Optima range has been created using antique materials and features hand-finished trims and great attention down to the smallest detail.
The cap and barrel in all versions are made of marbled Auroloide, an antique material, yet refined and prestigious.
The fountain pen features a 14k gold nib and traditional piston refill mechanism and hidden reservoir.
* Turned Italian acrylic
* gold or silver trim
*Pen weight and dimension: Fountain 0.8 oz, 5.5″x 5/8″
* Box weight and dimension: 1 lb, 4.9 oz., 8-1/8″w x 5-3/8″d x 2-5/8″h
Proprietary handmade Aurora nibs:
* Solid 14k
* Eleven stage die casting process
* Rhodium plated and molded writing tip
* Hand turned ebonite ink feed
Special Feature: Removable nib section – the nib section can be unscrewed from the grip area of the pen. This feature allows for thorough cleaning and maintenance of the nib and barrel.
Piston Filling System:
* Rear knob accesses plunger filling system
* Large capacity for ink in the barrel chamber
* Clear ink window
* Hidden ink reservoir – secondary ink chamber serves as a spare ink tank
* Decorative engraving on the nib
* Laser engraved ring and lacquer filled etching
* Historical trademark engraved on the barrel
* Fountain pen in Aurora gift box