I'M DEAD, NOW WHAT? ORGANIZER
9781441317995Regular price $14.99
Yes, it has a quirky cover design that will appeal to certain sensibilities, but the contents of this peace-of-mind planner are no-nonsense. Use it to gather those vital details about your contacts, legal matters, health, financial affairs, instructions, and more. Enter the information in this guided planner, and keep it in a secure location. Valuable and practical, it is a tremendous gift for your family and personal representatives. The I'm Dead, Now What? Planner covers:
- My Personal Information
- My Medical Information
- Key Contact Information
- At the Time of My Passing
- My Dependents
- Important Documents Financial Information Commercial/Business Information
- What Beneficiaries Can Expect
- Personal Property
- My Pets
- What to Pay, Close, and Cancel
- Email and Social Media
- Miscellaneous Information
- My Personal Wishes
- Last Words
- Note: This planner is not a legal document and does not replace a valid will.
- Contents are identical to those of Peter Pauper Press's Peace of Mind Planner.
Mad Libs - Meow
9780843182927Regular price $4.99
HANDWRITING: LEARN CURSIVE!
9781441318152Regular price $5.99
This fun workbook can help kids teach themselves how to write in cursive (also known as longhand or script) or allow them to refine the writing skills they already have. This book includes:
- Pages of capital and lowercase letters.
- Follow-the-arrow diagrams that show how to make the letters.
- Words to copy that begin with all the letters of the alphabet.
- Sentences to copy.
- Guides for writing the names of months, the days of the week, and numbers from 1 to 10.
- A place for the child to write his or her signature.
- Appealing full-color pictures.
- With its helpful diagrams, plenty of space to work, and simple exercises, this book is the perfect companion for beginning writers.
- 8-1/2 inches wide by 11 inches high (21.6 cm wide by 28 cm high).
- 96 perforated and reproducible pages.
Count To Sleep Chicago
9781602192010Regular price $7.95
Count to Sleep Chicago includes Navy Pier, the Water Tower, the Field Museum of Natural History, famous skyscrapers, Chicago pizza, the L train, and more. This educational counting book is an exciting way to learn to count while celebrating the many things the great city of Chicago has to offer.
A Letter A Week: Your guide to writing and mailing 52 handwritten letters during the year
9780578312071Regular price $14.95
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE SOMEONE FEEL HAPPY, APPRECIATED, AND SPECIAL!
Do you remember the letters you received from your grandmother? Or the Valentine's card you got from your first boyfriend-the one that's still tucked away in a drawer? Did you know our military has relied on handwritten letters for years to keep love alive?
Handwritten notes and letters are cherished mementos. They are true gifts. There's something special about a greeting card, postcard, or blank piece of paper in someone's unique, one-of-a-kind handwriting. They're personal. Authentic. Meaningful.
And they make us feel loved.
Now more than ever we need to spread that spirit of love. We need to slow down, unplug from technology and reconnect with people. And what better way than with a handwritten letter?
Join the A Letter A Week journey. This journal lets you log all the letters you write over the year and gives you tips and ideas to inspire you along the way.
So put down your phone and pick up your pen. A few sentences or pages-no letter is too short or long. Give someone the gift of a letter in their mailbox, on their desk, or under their car windshield.
- Improve connections with people without email or texts
- Be mindful while thinking of others
- Show how important the recipient is to the sender
- Share gratitude towards others
- Have a keepsake to treasure for years
Each copy is signed by the author - Julie Merrick
Calligraphy - A Comprehensive Guide to Beautiful Lettering
9781441321855Regular price $19.99
Discover the timeless art of beautiful writing! This introduction to creating calligraphy combines beginner-friendly clarity with thorough guidance and gorgeous examples.
- Introduces nine major calligraphic styles, with detailed diagrams and tips for writing each letter.
- Sub-sections include histories of each alphabet, step-by-step tutorials for embellishing your calligraphy, and ways to showcase your elegant lettering.
- Full color photographs and illustrations throughout.
- 120 pages.
- 8-1/2 inches wide by 11 inches high.
How to Traumatize Your Children: 7 Proven Methods
50004Regular price $12.00
Mad Libs - Game Over
9780843183696Regular price $4.99
Mad Libs - Frozen
9780843183047Regular price $3.99
Little Golden Book - Marry Poppins
9780736434683Regular price $4.99
Even a simple outing becomes extraordinary when you’re with the wonderful Mary Poppins! Boys and girls ages 2 to 5 will love this vintage Little Golden Book from 1964 that retells a scene from Walt Disney’s Mary Poppins.
Little Golden Book - The Porky Little Puppy
9780307021342Regular price $4.99
The Poky Little Puppy was one of the original twelve Little Golden Books published in 1942, and went on to become the bestselling picture book of all time. The story of a curious puppy, who digs holes under fences and who has to go to bed without any strawberry shortcake, has delighted families for generations. it is, quite simply, an icon. Delightful to read aloud, The Poky Little Puppy is a cherished story that every child should know.
Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book
9780307977618Regular price $9.99
Hand Lettering How To Book
9781441322012Regular price $14.99
Hand-lettering has taken the creative world by storm! Learn the basics of drawing letters and words with this fun, accessible, and interactive book!
- Learn five major hand-lettering styles, then transform your writing into art.
- Practice pages allow you space to master each letter in every style.
- Sections demonstrate how to embellish your letters, mix different styles for emphasis and flare, add decorative effects like shading, and combine text and illustration.
- Easy-to-follow tutorials and sections to trace, color, or complete make hand-lettering approachable for anyone.
- Project ideas demonstrate ways to brighten everyday items, create striking art, and add a meaningful touch to gifts through hand-lettering.
- Full-color illustrations and photos throughout.
- 160 pages.
- 7-1/2 inches wide by 9-1/2 high.
AN ORAL HISTORY
9781441327819Regular price $12.99
Chronicle a parent's story and family history details before it's too late!
- Use this book as a conversation guide between parent and adult child to record fading memories, or fill out yourself, or ask your parent to do so.
- Tips on recording a life story include providing memory cues, such as perusing old photos together or visiting a hometown.
- Attractive keepsake volume is organized into eight sections filled with interactive prompts around the themes of back stories, milestone moments, everyday life, celebrations, reflections, advice, and such relevant facts as family medical history and life wishes.
- Inside back cover pocket holds notes, mementos, and more.
- Archival/acid-fee pages help preserve memories.
- 144 pages.
- Keepsake book measures 6-1/4'' wide x 8-1/4'' high.
- Sturdy hardcover.
Mad Libs - Mad Scientist
9780843180572Regular price $4.99
Little Golden Book - Old Macdonald Had A Farm
9780307979643Regular price $4.99
Here’s a fresh Little Golden Book edition of the classic children’s singalong song, brought to life by a popular illustrator!
Little Golden Book - The Little Red Caboose
9780307021526Regular price $4.99
All aboard! This classic Little Golden Book, originally published in 1953, tells the tale of a charming red caboose who wants nothing more than to be as popular as the big steam engine at the front of the train. Boys and girls will love the inspiring tale and the colorful illustrations by Tibor Gergely.
Chicago - Then and Now by Kathleen Maguire
9781911624752Regular price $9.95
Chicago is a city that through history has triumphed over nature and disaster. It has bounced back from a calamitous fire, re-engineered the flow of the Chicago River, and challenged gravity with a series of pioneering skyscrapers. Chicago Then and Now pairs archival photos with modern views to tell the story of the city's rich history.
All the key historic locations are featured, such as the Navy Pier and the Biograph Theater where gangster John Dillinger was gunned down. There are the old ballparks (Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park), the classic skyscrapers (Rookery Building and Old Colony Building), the vestiges of the famous 1893 World Fair (Museum of Science and Industry), survivors of the 1871 Great Fire (Water Tower), the grand railroad stations (Dearborn), the many bridges (State Street), stores (Marshall Field), and unique architecture (Frank Lloyd Wright home).
Field Notes A Drive into the Gap
FNB-01Regular price $9.95
My first memory is of my father carrying a hammer into our bedrooms and smashing open our piggy banks on the night Roberto died.
I couldn’t have known what was happening. I didn’t know about the sputtering airplane, carrying one Major League superstar and too many supplies for earthquake victims in Nicaragua. But I might have understood what Roberto meant to my dad.
Three years earlier, as my father arrived for his first day on the job with the Pittsburgh Pirates, he had been intercepted by Dick Stockton in the parking lot of McKechnie Field, the Bucs’ spring training home in Bradenton, Florida. Stockton is a first-tier play-by-play announcer now, but in 1970 he was a Pittsburgh television sports anchor, and he asked if Dad was the team’s new public relations director. When my father said he was, Stockton said he would like an interview with Roberto Clemente. My father explained he’d only been on the job a few minutes, and that he hadn’t even met Clemente yet. Nevertheless, he would see what he could do.
My dad has Alzheimer’s now so I can’t ask him what happened next, but when his memories were still present he took out a yellow legal pad and wrote down many of his baseball stories. In these pages he describes his first encounter with Roberto. Dad introduced himself as the new PR guy, and in the next breath asked if Clemente would do an interview with the sports director from KDKA-TV.
Roberto reacted with a three or four minute outburst, combining English and Spanish, to let me know exactly how he felt about Stockton. Apparently he and Dick had had a falling-out some time ago over something Stockton had said on the air.
Then Roberto paused, regained his composure, and looked at me with a little smile. “Would it help you if I did the interview?” he asked.
“Well, it’s my first day on the job and I’m trying to get off on the right foot,” I said. “Yes, it would help me if you would talk to him.”
Clemente nodded and said, “Ok. For you I will do it, my friend.” He finished dressing, walked out on the field, and gave an interview to Dick Stockton for the first time in years.
That night in my bedroom, early in the morning on New Year’s Day, 1973, I don’t think my dad had words for what he was feeling. He’d just finished a call with Joe Brown, the Pirates’ general manager. In his grief, Joe didn’t hang up the phone on his end, which, in the context of early seventies telecommunications, meant our home phone was disconnected. So Dad poured change from his kids’ banks into an old sock that he would carry, along with his little green address book, a mile through the cold and snow to a parking lot pay phone outside a general store, and from there he would tell the world that his friend Roberto was dead.
Mad Libs - On The Road
9780843174984Regular price $4.99
Many have tried to imitate the world’s most popular word game, but they just can’t ___VERB___ the mustard! With Mad Libs on the Road, traveling has never been so wacky!
Little Golden Book - The Little Red Hen
9780307960306Regular price $4.99
Beloved illustrator J. P. Miller’s graphic, colorful farm animals seem to jump right off the page—but they aren’t jumping to help the Little Red Hen plant her wheat! Young children will learn a valuable lesson about teamwork from this funny, favorite folktale.
Little Golden Book - The Saggy Baggy Elephant
9780307021106Regular price $4.99
After a parrot makes fun of Sooki’s big ears, long nose, and wrinkled skin, the “saggy baggy” elephant isn’t too sure of himself. But once he meets some beautiful creatures who look just like him, Sooki celebrates with a joyful “one-two-three-kick.” For over 50 years, parents and children have treasured this tale, with gorgeous art by Gustaf Tenggren, the illustrator of The Poky Little Puppy.
Mad Libs - Sleepover Party
9780843126990Regular price $4.99
Now in addition to telling ghost stories, staying up late, and playing truth or dare, girls can play everyone’s favorite word game at their next sleepover. With 21 stories that’ll have everyone giggling all night long, this book will be the _________ [noun] of the party!
Little Golden Book - Frozen 2
9780736440202Regular price $4.99
Directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, and produced by Peter Del Vecho, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ feature-length follow-up to 2013’s Oscar®-winning film Frozen is a record-breaking blockbuster. Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, Idina Menzel, and Jonathan Groff are reprising their roles in an all-new story that sees Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven journey to the enchanted forests and dark seas beyond Arendelle. This Little Golden Book with exciting scenes from Disney Frozen 2 is perfect for girls and boys ages 2 to 5, as well as Disney Little Golden Book collectors of all ages!
Little Golden Book - Sword In The Stone
9780736433747Regular price $4.99
The classic Disney story of how a poor, lowly page ends up as the King of England–with a little help from Merlin the wizard–will delight boys and girls ages 2 to 5. Based on the classic Walt Disney animated movie, this Little Golden Book retelling of The Sword in the Stone was first published in 1963.
Little Golden Book - Scamp
9780736423113Regular price $4.99
Lady and the Tramp have four adorable puppies. Three of them are pretty and well behaved, but the fourth puppy, that Scamp of a puppy, gets into mischief until his misadventures bring his sisters a wonderful surprise. Vintage Disney artwork from the 1940s make this story a tail-wagging addition to every Little Golden Book collector’s library.
My Family Estate Legal Document Kit
9781441334077Regular price $12.99
- This easy-to-use kit is designed to take the mystery out of creating the basic documents every family needs.
- Save time and money on research and legal fees.
- Understand what it is you?re paying an attorney to do for you.
- Become familiar with what is required to make more informed decisions.
- Whether you're working with an attorney or doing it on your own, this self-help kit will help you create a Will, Health Care Proxy, and Legal Power of Attorney.
- Easy fill-in worksheets.
- Perforated forms.
- Clear instructions.
- Glossary of terms.
- 64 pages with tabbed sections.
- Kit measures 8-1/2'' wide x 11'' high.